Aston Villa defender Ciaran Clark has put pen to paper on a new five-year deal with the Premier League club.
The Republic of Ireland international, who came through the youth ranks at Villa Park and made his debut back in 2009, has committed his future to the midlanders ahead of the new season.
The 25-year-old had been linked with a move to local rivals West Brom in recent weeks but has now confirmed his long-term future is with the Villans as he follows in the footsteps of fellow centre-back Nathan Baker who also agreed a new deal earlier this summer.
Clark said: "I'm absolutely thrilled. I've been at Aston Villa since I was a kid and I want to continue to play for this fantastic football club.
"Everyone is looking forward to the new season and I'm delighted to be going into the opening game on Saturday knowing my long-term future has been sorted."
Villa boss Tim Sherwood was equally pleased that the defender had put pen to paper and he is confident Clark can enjoy a decent season after recovering from the knee injury that ruled him out of the run-in last term.
Sherwood said: "Ciaran wears his heart on his sleeve. He was unfortunate with injuries last season but he looks sharp now and we want to keep him fit."
Villa will be hoping for a better season this time around after flirting with relegation in the past coupe of years. They have lost key men Fabian delph and Christian Benteke over the summer but Sherwood has re-invested the cash in several new signings, including Rudy Gestede, Jordan Ayew, Indrissa Geuye and Jordan Veretout as he builds for the upcoming campaign.
Villa, who are 1/1 to be relegated this season, face a tricky start with a trip to newly-promoted Bournemouth followed by a home clash with Manchester United.
Don't forget all Premier League matches are covered by the bet365 Euro Soccer Bonus, where you could earn a bonus of up to 100% on your returns on pre-match accumulator bets. T & Cs apply.
View all Soccer betting