We’re giving away cash to our Twitter and Facebook followers in our Melbourne Cup sweepstakes. If you are allocated a runner and that runner wins the Melbourne Cup or comes 2nd or 3rd, you win cash!!
If you follow @bet365_aus on Twitter, to be eligible for a place in the Melbourne Cup sweepstakes and potentially win a share in the cash prizes all you need to do is:
1. Follow @bet365_aus.
2. Reply to one of our competition tweets with the correct answer.
3. Use #Cup365 in your reply.
Example: “I think Aidan O’Brien trained the winner of the 2001 Melbourne Cup.”
If you like the official bet365 page on Facebook (bet365_aus), to be eligible for a place in the Melbourne Cup sweepstake and potentially win a share in the cash prizes all you need to do is:
1. Comment on one of our competition posts with the correct answer to our question.
Entrants who correctly answer the question will be eligible to enter a random sweepstake draw for the 2018 Melbourne Cup. We will use these draws to allocate the Melbourne Cup runners. If you are allocated a runner and that runner is 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Melbourne Cup, you win cash! The cash prizes will be based on the official placings for the Melbourne Cup as follows. We have two of each prize, one for Twitter entrants and the other for Facebook entrants:
1st - $200
2nd - $100
3rd - $50
#Cup365 T & Cs:
1. The promoter is Hillside (Australia New Media) Pty Ltd t/a bet365 of Level 4, 90 Arthur Street North Sydney, NSW 2060 (referred to in these terms as “bet365”). Phone number: 1800 365 365. ABN: 75 148 920 665. NSW Permit No: LTPS/18/28732
2. The promotion is open to Australian residents only.
3. You are not required to have a bet365 account to enter, but entry is only open to you if you follow @bet365_aus on Twitter or like the official bet365 page on Facebook (bet365_aus) and comply with the remainder of these terms.
4. Entrants must be 18 years old or over and must provide identification to bet365’s reasonable satisfaction to collect a prize.
5. Employees, directors or contractors of bet365 and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
6. The promotion period will open on Twitter and Facebook on October 15, 2018 at 10am AEDT and run until November 6 at 3pm AEDT. At the time the competition opens, bet365 will post the first competition post (which includes a link to these Terms and Conditions) on Twitter and Facebook.
7. During the promotion period, bet365 will post four separate competition posts/tweets that contain a link to these T & Cs and a question. Followers must answer a question correctly to go in the draw to be allocated a runner. Twitter entrants must also include #Cup365 in their response.
8. Entrants who reply to a competition post/tweet with a correct answer will be entered into a draw to allocate the runners in the Melbourne Cup. These draws will take place throughout the duration of the competition period as specified on the bet365 Facebook and Twitter pages. The promotion period runs from October 15, 2018 at 10am AEDT until November 6 at 3pm AEDT. For each competition post/tweet, there will be one draw for Facebook entrants who have answered correctly, and another draw for Twitter entrants who have answered correctly. So, at the start of the Melbourne Cup race, 24 entrants who entered this competition via Facebook will each have been allocated a runner via these draws and 24 entrants who entered this competition via Facebook will each have been allocated a runner via these draws.
9. Each runner will be allocated to a randomly drawn entrant by the time the official field is published.
10. No entrant will be allocated more than one runner. One entry per person on Facebook and one entry per person on Twitter only.
11. The entrants who have been allocated a runner that comes 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Melbourne Cup will win a prize, as follows. We have two of each prize, one for Twitter entrants and the other for Facebook entrants. Prizes are subject always to the dead-heat rules set out below.
1st - $200
2nd - $100
3rd - $50
12. Dead-heat rule 1: If more than one horse wins the Melbourne Cup, the first and second cash prizes will be combined and split evenly amongst the winners. Example: Horse A and Horse B dead-heat for first. The first and second prizemoney will be combined making $200 with $100 then awarded to two winners.
13. Dead-heat rule 2: If more than one horse runs second in the Melbourne Cup, the second and third cash prizes will be combined and split evenly amongst the winners.
14. Dead-heat rule 3: If more than one horse runs third in the Melbourne Cup, $50 will be awarded to each of the entrants who have been allocated a horse that has run third. winners.
15. If a runner is scratched or declared a non-runner, the corresponding entrant will forgo their place in the sweepstakes.
16. The total maximum prize for the promotion period is no less than $700.
17. If there is a protest on any result in the Melbourne Cup, the official finishing positions after the protest adjustments will be used.
18. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
19. Winners will be notified within 24 hours of the race result and have until 5pm on Friday 9 November to respond or their prize will be forfeited (that is, they must respond b. If you win a prize, bet365 will notify you via Twitter or Facebook (we will use the channel you have used to enter the competition to notify you). The names of the prize winners will also be published on bet365’s Facebook and Twitter.
20. If a prize recipient is a bet365 account-holder, withdrawable funds will be deposited into their bet365 account, with no turnover requirement, or a cheque will be sent in the mail, at the prize recipient’s election. If a prize recipient is not a bet365 account-holder, a cheque will be sent in the mail.
21. In the event a winner does not accept their prize or cannot be contacted or their identity cannot be verified to the satisfaction of bet365, the prize will be forfeited by that winner.
22. bet365 reserves the right to withhold or withdraw prizes at its own discretion e.g. if a single user is suspected of creating multiple Twitter accounts to enter competitions or posts multiple entries in the same competition period.
23. Please ensure that your tweet or post can be viewed by @bet365_aus, we cannot see posts from protected accounts.
24. bet365’s decision is final.
25. In the event a prize is forfeited, bet365 will hold another random draw on Monday 12 November 2018 at 10am AEST of all entrants that are in compliance with these terms and conditions and that answered a question correctly and were entered into one of the sweepstake draws mentioned in terms 7 and 8. This subsequent prize winner will be notified by bet365 immediately after the draw and must respond within 24 hours and is also subject to these terms and conditions relating to the prize. bet365 will also publish the name of the winner on its Facebook and Twitter pages at the same time that it notifies this winner. If necessary, bet365 will continue to hold a prize draw following the procedure in this term 24 until all prizes are distributed.
26. All draws are conducted from bet365’s address of 90 Arthur Street North Sydney 2060 NSW.
NSW Permit Number: LTPS/18/28732