Valverde wary of Lyon's attack

13 March 2019 05:38:21 EST

Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde has warned his players not to be complacent when they take on Lyon in the second leg of their round of 16 Champions League tie.

The La Liga leaders drew 0-0 in France three weeks ago in the first leg and are 1/6 to qualify for the quarter-finals.

However, Lyon have beaten Manchester City in the group stage of this season's Champions League and also inflicted a rare Ligue 1 loss on Paris Saint-Germain earlier in the campaign.

There have been plenty of unexpected results in the round of 16 already, with Ajax beating Real Madrid, Manchester United coming back to knock PSG out and Juventus recovering from losing the first leg 2-0 to Atletico Madrid to progress, so Valverde is taking nothing for granted.

He said: "Nil-nil from the first leg is a result which benefits neither side because if neither of us score it will go into extra time.

"Lyon will come here with their weapons, they've got a very strong attack - very quick, powerful players up front and I am sure they will try to exploit that.

"They know how important it would be for them to get an away goal, so I am sure they will look for that too."

Valverde has said that Ousmane Dembele is a big doubt for the match after sustaining a hamstring injury in Saturday's home win against Rayo Vallecano.

Lyon are third in Ligue 1, seven points behind second-placed Lille and 21 adrift of runaway leaders PSG. They are 40/1 to win 1-0 at the Nou Camp with Nabil Fekir available at 12/1 to score at any time in the match.

View all Soccer betting