Caballero wary of Bournemouth threat

12 February 2017 11:00:04 EST

Manchester City goalkeeper Willy Caballero says that they must guard against complacency when travelling down to face Bournemouth on Monday night.

There is quite a contrast in form between the two sides so far this year. City have won their last three games, scoring nine goals while Eddie Howe's side have yet to win in 2017 and, while they are six points clear of the bottom three, would not want that gap to get any smaller.

We must be careful and focus on what we have to do.

Willy Caballero

Three points for Pep Guardiola's side would push them back into the top four in the Premier League but Caballero says they will have to be at their best if they are to win on the south coast.

He told the City website: "It's going to be great if we carry on with this amount of goals and the sort of form we've shown recently, but we know it's going to be difficult to keep it this way.

"We are playing away again and Bournemouth are coming into this game on the back of three or four defeats so they are going to play really hard and fight because they know you can get sucked into a relegation fight quickly in the Premier League.

"We must be careful and focus on what we have to do."

Bournemouth are 7/1 to win the game with City 2/5 at the draw 17/4.

Eddie Howe's task is even harder given the injury crisis he has had to contend with. Already Adam Federici and Callum Wilson have been ruled out for the rest of the season and he has concerns over three defenders ahead of the City game.

Simon Francis, Charlie Daniels and Adam Smith are all struggling to be fit for the game.

Next weekend sees the FA Cup fifth round with City travelling to Championship side Huddersfield, Guardiola's side are 8/1 to win the trophy at Wembley in May.

View all Soccer betting