O'Neill agrees to stay on
Martin O'Neill is thrilled to have agreed a new contract that will see him stay on as manager of the Republic of Ireland for the Euro 2020 qualifying campaign.
Assistant manager Roy Keane and the rest of the coaching staff are also expected to stay on, although there has been no official announcement so far.
Former Leicester City and Sunderland boss O'Neill has been in charge of Ireland since 2013, when he took over from Giovanni Trapattoni.
"I spoke to [FAI chief executive] John [Delaney] very recently and he said, on behalf of the board, they would like to extend my contract for another couple of years, obviously with the Euros coming up, and I've agreed to do so," the 65-year-old said.
"I'm delighted. I've enjoyed it immensely. International football is something I didn't know if you'd get used to or not, but obviously qualification for the Euros [in 2016] made it all worthwhile."
O'Neill's side can still qualify for next year's World Cup in Russia despite a stuttering campaign. Ireland have not reached a World Cup since 2002 but are 1/9 to beat Moldova in Dublin on Friday before visiting Cardiff to face Wales on Monday in their final qualifier.
Ireland are 7/2 to beat Moldova 2-0.
View all Soccer betting