Appleton: No new bid for Ince
Blackpool boss Michael Appleton has denied Liverpool have made an improved bid for highly-rated midfielder Tom Ince.
Speaking after his team's 2-1 defeat to Wolves on Friday, Appleton was unmoved when asked if he was aware of a new offer from The Reds for the 20-year-old, who ironically left Anfield last summer having made just one first-team appearance.
"No, not that I'm aware of," said the former Portsmouth manager, who took the reins at Bloomfield Road earlier this season following Ian Holloway's departure to promotion chasing Crystal Palace.
Don't forget all of the fantastic markets we have to offer, including In-Play betting, can be accessed on your mobile phone and tablet with the new and improved bet365 On The Move.
No, not that I'm aware of.Michael Appleton
Ince was again in excellent form for a Blackpool side that slumped to their third home defeat of the season against the men from the Midlands, and Appleton said it was important that the youngster continued to concentrate on his football despite the continued speculation over his long-term future.
"It was important for him and he's got to show a strength of character now to suggest that, with everything going on, all he wants to do is play football and play well for Blackpool Football Club."
Blackpool are rated as 1212/1 to be promoted to the Premier League this season, with Wolves 1212/1.
View all Soccer betting